2012 Interaction Awards: Awards Finalists Announced!
We are pleased to announce the finalists for the 2012 Interaction Awards!
Three weeks ago the inaugural Interaction Awards Jury met in New York City to review all of the shortlisted entries and choose the best examples of interaction design for 2012. It was a daunting task, but our amazing Jury was up to the challenge. The quality of all of the projects was very high, but the following 26 stood out for recognition as finalists:
Making daily activities more efficient.
- Appie, IceMobile Agency
- B-Cycle, Crispin, Porter + Bogusky
- Out of Box Experience – Accu-Chek Aviva, Frontend.com
- Xero, Xero
Capturing attention, creating delight and delivering meaning.
- HBO GO Mobile Applications, HUGE
- Interaction Cubes, Fundação Oswaldo Cruz/Museu da Vida
- University of Oregon Ford Alumni Center, Second Story Interactive Studios
- We Remember/ Explore 9/11, Local Projects LLC
Enabling people to go beyond their limits.
- Google Art Project, Possible Worldwide
- I want ToBe… Course, ToBe Worldwide
- Out of the Box, vitamins
- ReadyForZero, ReadyForZero
- Teaching Channel, Method, Inc.
Encouraging self expression and/or creativity.
- LoopLoop, Stimulant/Sifteo
- Pas a Pas, Copenhagen Institute of Interaction Design
- The Film Room, R/GA
Facilitating communication between people and communities.
- FoodHub: a digital community where local food people connect, ISITE Design
- Pepsi Refresh Project, HUGE
- Plug-In-Play, Rockwell Group
- Steps, Art Center College of Design
- Windows Phone 7.5 (Mango), Microsoft
Re-imagining completely an existing product or service by creating new behaviors, usages or markets.
- Ford SmartGauge, Smart Design
- Peel, Peel
- Spotify Box, Umea Institute of Design
- SWYP: See What You Print, Artefact
- The Waste Land, Touch Press LLP
Each of the finalists will be honored at the Awards Ceremony at Interaction|12 in February, where we will announce the Overall and Individual Category winners, and this year’s People’s Choice.
All of the shortlisted projects are eligible for the People’s Choice Award, and we’ll be showcasing all of the projects on the websites and open voting for People’s Choice very soon, so stay tuned.
Congratulations to the finalists, and good luck to all of the shortlisted projects. We’ll see you Dublin in February!